Frosted Lucky Charms™ Magic Gems Cereal Bars
- 15 Mins
Add some magic to traditional cereal treat bars with these Lucky Charms™ Magic Gems Cereal bars topped with frosting, marshmallows and candy sprinkles. Whether you’re making them for a fun afternoon activity or for a celebration, everyone is sure to love these easy, no-bake bars.
- 6 Cups Lucky Charms™ Magic Gems Cereal
- 1/4 cups butter, cut in pieces
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- Red and blue food colors
- 1/3 cup marshmallows from Lucky Charms™ Magic Gems Cereal
- 2 tablespoons rainbow candy sprinkles
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Spray large bowl with cooking spray. Add 6 cups cereal to the bowl.
- Spray medium microwavable bowl with cooking spray. Add butter and marshmallows. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Pour hot marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until cereal is coated. Press firmly in pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir frosting and food colors to desired purple color. With offset metal spatula, spread frosting evenly over fully cooled cereal bars. Top with 1/3 cup marshmallows from cereal, and candy sprinkles.
- Lift bars from pan; discard foil. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in airtight container.
- Be sure to really compress cereal bars in pan; that will make them easier to cut. Swap candy sprinkles for gold or rainbow decorating sugar for a unique look. Lining your pan with foil helps for removing bars from pan to cut, and makes for easy cleanup. To make purple food color, mix 1 drop blue food color and 2 to 3 drops red food color with frosting until well combined.
16 servings (1 bar each)
1 Bar Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 28g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3