Green Hat Trap
- 5 Mins
- Lucky Charms Chocolate Trap Box Construction Paper (colors of the rainbow)
- Construction Paper (colors of the rainbow)
- Hot Glue
- Tissue Paper
- Green Glitter Gel
- Gem Stickers
- Colored Craft Sticks
- Cotton Balls
- Gather your supplies!
- Follow the instructions on the bottom of your Limited-Edition Chocolate Lucky Charms Large Size Box for how to cut and set your trap.
- Decorate the box with glitter, gems and a touch of your own personal magic. Hide the Leprechaun Trap sign on the box so that a leprechaun will want to skip into your trap!
Create the Rainbow
- Cut six strips of paper, with each strip about an inch wide. All strips will be the same width but have different lengths. Start with the longest strip being red, and subsequently cut each color of the rainbow about a quarter of an inch shorter.
- Stack the strips on top of one another, with the longest strip on the bottom and shortest on the top. Align the edges of the strips together on one of the short ends and tape or glue together.
- To form the rainbow arch shape, line up the other short ends and glue or tape together. Run a strip of tape, sticky side up, from one base to the other to help hold the arch in place
- Use cotton balls and surround the base of the rainbow to create cloud-like structures.
Create The Flower Path
- Cut circles of tissue paper in various sizes.
- Layer 2-3 pieces of tissue paper.
- Place the end of a pencil in the center of the top of the layered tissue paper circles and twist into a flower shape.
- Create as many flowers as you’d like and lay two paths in front of your trap as a walkway for Lucky.
Build the Picket Fence
- Take one craft stick and cut it into two equal parts.
- Then lay out three additional craft sticks and place a drop of glue in a line on each side. Attach the smaller craft sticks to create the fence legs.
- To allow the fence to stand upright, create a base by cutting a craft stick into small pieces. Glue a small piece at the bottom of each fence leg.
- Repeat steps 1 - 3 to create as many fence segments as you like.
- Place Lucky Charms inside the doorway of your trap to entice a leprechaun to wander inside! We’re wishing you all the luck in trapping the leprechauns wandering your home this year.