Chocolate Lucky Charms™ Snack Mix
- 15 Mins
A chocolaty snack mix with only four ingredients that’s simply magic.
- 8 cups Chocolate Lucky Charms™ cereal
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons green and white nonpareils
- 1 cup green candy-coated chocolate candies
- Line 18x13x1-inch pan with waxed paper. Pour Chocolate Lucky Charms™ cereal into pan. Pick out all the marshmallows; set aside to add to the mix later. Add cereal pieces to large bowl.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. If necessary, continue microwaving and stirring in 10-second increments until chips can be stirred smooth. Pour over cereal pieces in large bowl; toss to evenly coat.
- Spread mixture in single layer in pan. Immediately sprinkle with nonpareils. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Gently break up mixture into bite-size pieces, and place in large bowl. Toss in reserved marshmallows and chocolate candies. Store covered in airtight container.
- To avoid overheating the chocolate chips, microwave until just starting to melt, then stir until smooth.
- For a colorful rainbow snack mix, use rainbow candy sprinkles instead of green and white nonpareils, and multicolored candy-coated chocolate candies. Or make the snack mix even more green by using all green nonpareils.
1/2 Cup Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5