Lucky Charms™ Leprechaun Gold Snack Mix
- 30 Mins
Who couldn’t use some extra luck? Share some with your family by making Lucky Charms™ Leprechaun Gold Snack Mix! This sweet snack mix is full of fun, color and magical coins.
- 8 cups Original Lucky Charms™ cereal
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips
- 1/3 cup rainbow candy sprinkles
- 2 cups mini vanilla wafer cookies
- Gold color mist shimmering food color spray (from 1.5-oz spray can)
- 1 cup green candy-coated chocolate candies
- Line 2 large rimmed pans with waxed paper. Pour Lucky Charms™ cereal into 1 of the pans. Pick out all the marshmallows; set aside to add to the mix later. Add cereal pieces to large bowl.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 45 seconds; stir. Continue microwaving in 15-second increments, until chips are melted and smooth. Pour over cereal pieces in large bowl; toss to evenly coat.
- Spread mixture in single layer in pan. Immediately sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Cool about 30 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, spread cookies in single layer, right side up, in remaining pan. Spray cookies with food spray. Wait 5 minutes to dry. Turn cookies over; repeat spraying on bottom side. Set aside.
- Gently break up coated cereal mixture into bite-size pieces, and place in large bowl. Toss in reserved marshmallows, cookies and chocolate candies. Store covered in airtight container.
- Food color spray can be found at specialty craft stores or some large grocery stores.
- Since microwave ovens vary, carefully watch when melting white vanilla baking chips, to avoid burning.
1 Serving (1/2 Cup): Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5