No-Bake Lucky Charms™ Frosted Flakes Cereal Bars
- 30 Mins
This easy no-bake cereal bar with Lucky Charms™ Frosted Flakes, marshmallows and rainbow candy sprinkles comes together in a snap. It’s a fun and colorful treat to serve anytime.
- 1/4 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes Cereal (from 12.5-oz box)
- 3 tablespoons rainbow candy sprinkles
- Spray 8- or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 45 seconds or until almost melted. Add 4 cups marshmallows; stir to coat. Microwave uncovered on High 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until marshmallows are melted.
- Add cereal to marshmallow mixture; stir to combine. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the candy sprinkles. With sprayed back of spoon, press mixture firmly in pan. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons sprinkles on top. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in airtight container.
Make sure to really compress the cereal bars in pan; that will make them easier to cut.
Make your bars even more colorful by piping decorating cookie icing over top. Using one or more 7-oz decorating cookie icing pouch(es) in assorted colors, squeeze icing back and forth over top of bar. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container at room temperature with waxed paper between layers.
A secret for cutting bars easily is to line the pan with foil. Turn the pan upside down, and tear off a piece of foil longer than pan. Smooth foil around the pan bottom, then remove. Turn pan over, and gently fit shaped foil into pan; spray with cooking spray. When it is time to cut the bars, just lift the bar with the foil out of the pan, peel back foil and cut. This also makes cleanup extra easy.
For even more color and fun, after sprinkling candy sprinkles, pick out additional marshmallows from cereal and press on top of bar.
1 Bar Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 120mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 13g); Protein 0g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5